Reading: The Collected Works of St. Teresa of Avila, Vol I, Kavanaugh and Rodriguez, “Book of Her Life,” Chapters 25 to 27
- Teresa realizes how the human intellect can masquerade as an inspiration from God. She understands the process well enough to explain the difference between the activity of the intellect and the actions of God.
- What is it she wants us to understand?
- Why is this important for us to know?
- Teresa explains how the Lord teaches the soul.
- Use your own words to explain the process as Teresa understands it.
- How should a soul respond to God in these situations?