- Constitutions of the Discalced Carmelite Secular Order, Sec. IV and V
- OCDS Provincial Statutes, # 7 – 10 and # 25 – 30
- Describe the role Mary plays in the life of a Secular Carmelite. (Con. V., Stat.#29)
- The Statutes state that a “Carmelite vocation is lived out in Community.”
- Use the information in section 7-10 to describe how a secular Carmelite does this.
- The Statutes provide a clear rationale and guidelines for Attendance. Make a list of the statements you think are most important.
- Explain the importance of the Apostolate in the life of a Secular Carmelite. Be sure to include
- the source of its existence
- the purpose of the Apostolate
- the relationship between prayer and the Apostolate
Use the information from the Statutes (#25-28) to support your answer.