Formation Cancelled due to illness
Formation Cancelled due to Council meeting
Reading: Before the Face of God, Pages 1-17
Further Reading: Preface, Selection, and Content of Contributions
1. What new perspective on Carmel did Edith’s work give you?
2. What new or fuller perspective did you have on the liturgical prayer of the church?
3. Discuss your understanding of the soul in solitary prayer as related to prayer of the church, especially in your own life
4. How do you/should we specifically translate that prayer into action?
Reading: Love For Love, Pages 29-66
- What new perspective on Carmel, on St Teresa, did Edith’s work give you?
- What themes in St. Teresa’s life seemed important in Edith’s life and then how did Edith live because of them?
- What does “Love for Love” speak to your heart, in your life?
Reading: “A Chosen Vessel of Divine Wisdom…”, pp 76-90
Further Reading: “St Teresa Margaret of the Sacred Heart”,
1. What struck you most about the life of this young saint, about Edith’s writing of her?
2. What grace was there for you in reflecting on the life of the saint?
Reading: At the Foot of the Cross, pp. 91-102
1. How did you relate Edith’s reflections on the Cross and renewal of vows to your own life and renewal of promises?
2. Reflect on how Edith says we come to , and how have you found you come to share in the expiatory suffering of the Cross?