Focus: Spirituality of St. Therese of Lisieux
- Carmelite Tradition by Stephen Payne, pp. 115 to 117
- excerpts from Story of a Soul, pp. 117-118, Chapter 10
- Carmelite Spirituality in the Teresian Tradition by Paul-Marie of the Cross, pp. 59-68.
- Therese sings the Magnificat with Mary. “For He that is mighty hath done great things for me.” Select an event from the biographical sketches of St. Therese. Discuss how that event would cause her to sing Mary’s song.
- After reading the excerpts from the identified writings for St. Therese, Summarize the spiritual message she is sending. Identify one practical action in an everyday situation that secular Carmelites could take to live out that message.
- Using Mary’s Magnificat as a model, draw or write a prayer of Therese.