Focus: Spirituality of St. Teresa of Jesus
- Carmelite Tradition by Stephen Payne, pp. 26-29; pp.29-30, sec. 8.5, excerpts from The Book of Her Life;36, excerpts from The Way of Perfection, sec.26.3, 26.4, and 26.5; pp. 40-41, excerpts from The Interior Castle, sec. 7.4.9, 7.4.12, 7.4.15;
- Carmelite Spirituality in the Teresian Tradition by Paul-Marie of the Cross, OCD, pp. 34-44.
- Teresa of Jesus sings the Magnificat with Mary. “For He that is mighty hath done great things for me.” Select an event from the biographical sketches of St. Teresa of Jesus. Discuss how that event would cause her to sing Mary’s song.
- After reading the excerpts from the identified writings for Teresa of Jesus, summarize the spiritual message she is sending.
- Identify one practical action in an everyday situation that secular Carmelites could take to live out that message.