Focus: Discernment of a Carmelite Vocation
Readings: Welcome to the Secular Order of the Discalced Carmelites by Father Deeney, pp. 9-21; pp. 27-37
- Father Deeney describes six elements that should characterize a member of the Secular Order of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Take each element, describe/define it, and then evaluate yourself in relationship to that element.
- Practicing Member of the Catholic Church
- Under the protection of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Inspired by Saint Teresa of Jesus
- Commitment to the Order
- To Seek the Face of God
- For the Sake of the Church and the World
- Looking over your evaluation, do you think you have a vocation to Carmel? In what areas do you see need for growth and further understanding?
- What are the six obligations that the Constitutions envision in the life of the Secular Order member? Use the Letter M to create your list and then describe each obligation as you see yourself practicing it.
Reminder: Prepare your letter of intent and your candidate worksheet to be given to Diane no later than the February meeting.